Inspired by the life and world around her; Stephanie sings with the words of a poet, the heart of a dancer and the vision of a photographer. Her country-infused music is filled with a blend of her many passions, life experiences and her sweet, fun-loving personality. Listeners appreciate how they can easily insert themselves into the lyrics of Stephanie’s original songs. Stephanie is a multilayered artist who is no stranger to performing. Her vocal, poetic and dancing abilities have granted her many opportunities… not only performing all over Utah and the United States, but singing and dancing with a service tour in Ecuador. Sharing her passion for music brings her tremendous joy and inspires her to be a better person everyday. Through her music, Stephanie hopes to ignite emotion into the hearts of her listeners.
A Few Fun Facts About Singer Stephanie Dana George
1. Stephanie grew up in Salt Lake City, Utah. She graduated with honors from Murray High School where she lettered in Drill Team and served as editor of the school’s literary magazine.
2. Stephanie attended Southern Utah University on a Leadership Scholarship. She danced on the drill team there and completed her Associates Degree in General Studies.
3. Dancing and Singing since the age of 3, Stephanie has performed professionally at MGM Grand, Disneyland, Tuachan, the Hula Bowl, as an oriental servant in the Ballet West Nutcracker, Utah State Fair, Point After, in the Draper Big Band Show for 4 years running, Halloween in Summer Festival, The Loading Dock, Salt Lake Local Music Festival and many more.
4. Stephanie is a published poet and photographer.
5. She loves the outdoors, camping, hunting and wearing her cowgirl boots.
6. Stephanie’s favorite food is lasagna. And watermelon. And every girl’s favorite, chocolate.
7. She has a lab mix named Smokey – who is her baby girl, best friend and saving grace.
8. Stephanie has been married to her soulmate for over a year now and feels blessed & privileged to be a step-mom. She is also extremely grateful to her biggest fans – her parents, sister, nieces and fabulous friends!
9. One of Stephanie’s favorite experiences while performing was when a young boy with Down Syndrome walked right up on stage and held her hand in the middle of a song. When his mother tried to come get him, Stephanie said he was okay to stay up there with her. He didn’t know any of her songs, but tried to sing along beside her. Stephanie says he brought a sweet innocence and bright shining light up on the stage that day.
10. Other common places you might find Stephanie might be sitting on the floor working on her computer, cuddling up to watch a scary movie & eating buttery popcorn, reading, scrapbooking, cooking or taking classes.
Stephanie believes singing and songwriting is a journey, one where she is constantly learning and evolving…. A journey she hopes will never end.
CELEBZTREASURE EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH SINGER STEPHANIE DANA GEORGE! READ BELOW:
Q: Where are you originally from and where are you based now?
Stephanie A: I was born in Salt Lake City, Utah and still reside there today. I love Utah and cannot imagine living anywhere else. It’s amazingly beautiful here.
Q: What do you love most about singing and what would you say motivates you and inspires you to be the best at your profession?
Stephanie A: I love to write lyrics and sing because it lifts my spirits. It makes me feel alive. Nothing picks up my mood and shifts my perspective better than writing lyrics to a song. I’ve always loved music, all music.I get inspiration for my songs from the life around me… personal experiences, what is happening with my friends and family or even a story I hear in the news. I want to write lyrics that speak to people’s hearts and souls. Honestly, my goal is not necessarily to be the “best” at my profession. I want to create. I want to inspire. I want people to listen to my music and think… “because of her, I got through it” or “I am excited about life or love” or “I am not alone.”
Q: Stephanie you are singer, poet, dancer and you have performed in the US and also outside of the US, which is amazing! If you would do a collaboration in the future with any musical artist, who would it by and why?
Stephanie A:Oh my goodness, that is a hard question. There are SO many artists that I would love to work with. Reba, Garth Brooks, Blake Shelton, Pink, Eminem, Jason Aldean, Dolly Parton… but if I had to choose just one, I’d say Miranda Lambert. She is such a darling, sassy, determined woman. I look up to her so much! I would be honored to work on a project with her.
Q: Do you have any exciting news or finished projects you can share with us?
Stephanie A: I have a song in the works to be recorded, it’s called “Hey Boy.” I am also hoping to shoot a few new videos for some songs of mine.
Q: Can you tell us something we may not know about you? Any hobbies or other secret talents you have and or like to do in your spare time ?
Stephanie A: Hmmm, things you may not know? I am a movie lover… all kinds of movies, but my favorite is scary movies. With a huge bucket of extra buttered popcorn. I’ve always wanted to go to Egypt and on an African Safari. My favorite animal is a chipmunk and my favorite candy is Sixlets.
Q: What are your official sites on the web we can follow and your links to buy your music online?
Stephanie A: Facebook: fb.me/InkTears.Stephanie
My music is available on ITunes, Apple Music, Spotify, Deezer and Google Play.